- The Reign of Kane Falls (Mainly...)
- The Audacity of Dopes
- Kathy Kane: Resistance is Futile!
- Wilkes-Barre Mayor Tom Leighton Dances Cheek-to-Cheek with Convicted Commissioner Bonner.
- Did you hear the one about Steve Urban?
- Joe Paterno 1926-2012
- Goodnight Sweet Prince
- Wilkes-Barre Prepares as Susquehanna River Rises To Dangerous Levels
- Tattooed Man Blames Needle Phobia for Assault on Cop
- Monaco beats Pella to reach final in Duesseldorf
- Boston bombing suspect's hearing rescheduled again
- Nadal could get Djokovic in French Open semifinals
- Azarenka brings new mindset to French Open
- Servia, team preparing for final race of 2013
- Older brother held in deaths of 2 younger siblings
- Andersen a playoff force for Heat
- Quick's LA Kings put Sharks on brink with 3-0 win
- Hazleton gets past Paupack
- Hanover thwarted again in semis
- H.S. Baseball
- Three's still pretty sweet for Redeemer
- RailRiders rally falls to rain
- Wyoming Area eliminated by Abington Heights
Clean Up Corruption Now
Coal Region Voice
Not Cease From Exploration
Circumlocution for Dummies
A Big Fat Slob
The Lu Lac Political Letter
Scranton Public Policy Examiner
Luzerne County Railroad Blog
Luzerne County Democratic Chair Kathy Kane's reality-distortion-field can weaken the will of all but the strongest opponents.
When Luzerne County Democratic Committee members refused to march in lockstep for Rep. Tim Holden's quasi-incumbent congressional bid, Borg Queen Kane decided a 23 to 10 vote was close enough for her to declare the committee's endorsement "unanimous." Holden got the nod and challenger Matt Cartwright got the heave-ho -- despite the strong objections of several committee members.
Now with Holden trailing Cartwright in the 17th district primary and Kane's setting her phasers on stun. Kane might be too busy to attend Wilkes-Barre city council meetings, but she has plenty of time (and the cojones) to schedule a hastily organized meet-and-greet for Holden that coincides with a Cartwright event the same night.
Despite the presence of former General Hospital heart throb Jack Wagner, opening day at Holden's downtown Wilkes-Barre HQ was a sparsely attended, non-event. Various non-civilians could be heard grumbling that their attendance was deemed mandatory by superiors and their loyalties lay elsewhere (read: Carwright.)
Thursday, April 12
West Wyoming Hose Co. #1
926 Shoemaker Ave.
West Wyoming 18644
Info: (570) 371-3870
Luzerne County Democratic Committee Rally
Thursday, April 12
20 Public Square