- The Reign of Kane Falls (Mainly...)
- The Audacity of Dopes
- Kathy Kane: Resistance is Futile!
- Wilkes-Barre Mayor Tom Leighton Dances Cheek-to-Cheek with Convicted Commissioner Bonner.
- Did you hear the one about Steve Urban?
- Joe Paterno 1926-2012
- Goodnight Sweet Prince
- Wilkes-Barre Prepares as Susquehanna River Rises To Dangerous Levels
- Tattooed Man Blames Needle Phobia for Assault on Cop
- Twins drop fifth straight, 5-1 to Red Sox
- Knights have Cougars' number again
- Ken Schrader oldest ARCA winner
- Young Americans waste no time qualifying for Indy
- Johnson wins again and shrugs off the haters
- Golf Capsules
- Michel Jourdain Jr. fails make Indy 500 field
- Jennifer Johnson wins Mobile Bay LPGA Classic
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- Braves rally with 4-run 8th to sweep Dodgers
- Spurs rout Grizzlies 105-83 in West finals opener
- Visconti in solo victory on snowy 15th Giro stage
- Wadas, Lukas win River Street Run titles
- Bae wins Byron Nelson for first PGA Tour title
- Boychuk breaks Game 2 tie, Bruins top Rangers 5-2
Clean Up Corruption Now
Coal Region Voice
Not Cease From Exploration
Circumlocution for Dummies
A Big Fat Slob
The Lu Lac Political Letter
Scranton Public Policy Examiner
Luzerne County Railroad Blog
In an interview with WILK radio's Steve Corbett, Luzerne County controller Walter Griffith called Wilkes-Barre/Scranton airport brass to the carpet for allowing Vice President Joe Biden free use of a hangar during a campaign stop for Senator Arlen Specter. We're usually on board with Griffith in watchdog mode but he kinda lost us when he proclaimed that he is just as important as the vice-president of the United States.
Shades of Ed Meese proclaiming himself king!
His point (we think) was more egalitarian than egotistical. At least we hope it was. We'll make some presumptions here about what Walt meant: if the V.P. gets an airport hanger gratis, then anyone should be entitled to use the same location without charge. This was a partisan event, but c'mon dude, it was the veep! (Bear in mind, Griffith is a Republican.) And this was basically one of those rah-rah photo-ops with school kids, veterans and beauty queens waving flags and listening to Sousa marches. Visitors from the White House are a bit different than expecting the county to foot the bill for a wine and cheese soirée with contractors and politicians. Biden shilling on CNN raises the local profile in important circles.
And maybe the Democratic machina should be expected to kick in for some overtime but at the time of the Biden brouhaha, no policy was in place to take care of the costs involved. Hopefully that will change.
But Walt still sounded a bit like a self-aggrandizing tool.
Either way, Walt just joined the ranks of people we would be hate to be seated next to on a cross-country bus trip.