- The Reign of Kane Falls (Mainly...)
- The Audacity of Dopes
- Kathy Kane: Resistance is Futile!
- Wilkes-Barre Mayor Tom Leighton Dances Cheek-to-Cheek with Convicted Commissioner Bonner.
- Did you hear the one about Steve Urban?
- Joe Paterno 1926-2012
- Goodnight Sweet Prince
- Wilkes-Barre Prepares as Susquehanna River Rises To Dangerous Levels
- Tattooed Man Blames Needle Phobia for Assault on Cop
- Kids, Help Riverfest Awaken the Dragon on Friday, 6/21 - Wilkes University
- Luzerne firm low bidder for Sterling demo - Citizens Voice
- County prison running through OT budget - Citizens Voice
- TLC 'Medium' star set for Kirby - Scranton Times-Tribune
- Mohegan job fair draws thousands seeking casino posts - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
- The T.L. Express - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
- • Used Book Sale: June 11-16, Library Express (Mall at Steamtown, Scranton) - Wilkes Barre...
- Send to Kindle - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
- Wilkes University Announces Dean's List for Spring 2013 Semester - Wilkes University
- Wilkes University Professor Eric Ruggiero Wins Fellowship With Sony Pictures ... - Wilkes University
- Area college teacher prep programs get mixed reviews
- Suspect in homicide try in D.C. captured at Job Corps Center
- Court briefs
- Charter board zeroes in on new school details
- Man gets prison sentence for assault
- ALL'S FAIR IN NORTHEAST PA.
- Spirit continues in the Back Mountain
- Wyoming Area strike notice leaves room for give, take
- County's prison budget dissected
- Casey legislation targets those who prey on seniors
- Mayors want food stamps for soda to fizzle out
- Police Blotter
- Mohegan job fair draws thousands seeking casino posts
- City Parking Authority grilled on cameras' effectiveness
- Hotel Sterling another step closer to wrecking ball
Clean Up Corruption Now
Coal Region Voice
Not Cease From Exploration
Circumlocution for Dummies
A Big Fat Slob
The Lu Lac Political Letter
Scranton Public Policy Examiner
Luzerne County Railroad Blog
We were a tad skeptical when we read the account at wearechange.com chronicling Matt Meyer's claim that he was assaulted by Daily Show producer Rory Albanese. According to Meyer, Albanese was subsequently arrested and charged by the N.Y.P.D. Despite the Truther's ability to transform any bit of minutiae into evidence of elaborate conspiracies, Meyer's account lacked any documentation or corroboration. So we called the N.Y.P.D. for confirmation.
According to the press office, Rory Albanese was arrested and charged with third-degree assault, a misdemeanor. Albanese was arrested at his Park Avenue residence on September 28 2010. The smackdown took place the previous day at the Barnes & Noble on East 17th street in Manhattan, during a promotion for the new Daily Show book. (See the original video and more after the jump...
New York State penal law defines assault in the third degree like this:
A person is guilty of assault in the third degree when:
1. With intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes
such injury to such person or to a third person; or
2. He recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or
3. With criminal negligence, he causes physical injury to another
person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument.
Assault in the third degree is a class A misdemeanor.
Sentencing guidelines for "A" misdemeanors range from no jail time to a maximum one year in city or county jail.
So if the Truther's are right about this, does that mean they could be right about EVERYTHING ELSE?
In the video above, it's pretty clear that Rory is a bit of a hothead, but we still think he's almost as funny as the Truthers.